Every Friday in our Central Square studio, we hold a noon session of Five Dollar Fridays, the weekly community class where different yoga teachers from around the city sign up to be part of The Breathing Room for just an hour, and students pay whatever they want, but at least five dollars.
For students who can’t make it at noon, we’ve also started offering a Friday Flash Sale for some of our other classes and healing arts. This is a one-day “flash sale” for a different class or workshop or healing arts session each week.
On Friday, February 24 only:
- Today only, you can pre-purchase a spot in next Monday’s Yoga Recess with Kaitlin for just $5. This playful noon vinyasa in Central Square lets you flow, explore, and recharge over a lunch break hour. Click here to reserve your spot for $5.
- Today only, Jen is discounting her massage sessions by 15% if you make your reservation today. (The session itself can happen during the next week.) Jen’s massages blend modern orthopedic, myofascial and sports massage techniques with ancient styles learned from several master practitioners in Thailand. The result is a nuanced, whole-person healing approach that’s unique for each recipient. Click here to book a discounted session.
- Meanwhile, registration is now open for our fourth session of Yoga for the Resistance, this Sunday at 7:30 pm in Harvard Square. This series of by-donation classes in Harvard Square will be taught at different times each week, with all proceeds going to the ACLU, Standing Rock, Planned Parenthood, or similar non-profit organizations that are dedicated to protecting the rights and values that so many in our community feel are under attack today. Lauren Sale will be teaching a 75-minute flow to support the American Civil Liberties Union. Click here to reserve your place, and bring a credit card to class so that you can make a donation to the ACLU.
- There are also three spots left for Chavi’s Full Practice Series: Surya Namaskar with Mantras, Meditation, and Philosophy. Starting this Sunday, February 26 at 2:30 pm, Chavi’s Full Practice workshops will share her personal practice of yoga and meditation, weaving together yoga, mantra, pranayama (breath work), guided meditation, and an exploration of the underlying philosophies of yoga. Throughout the series, Chavi will explain the underlying meanings and effects of the mantras, breathing techniques, and meditations, allowing you to develop your own ongoing home practice for years to come. Class size is limited to just seven students. Click here to reserve your spot in the first workshop for $35, or to reserve all four sessions for $99.
- Registration is also open for Caitlin’s next Self Love Workshop tomorrow (Saturday, February 25). This will be the last time we’re holding this workshop in Harvard Square (future sessions will be in our smaller Central Square location), so join us while you can. Caitlin’s monthly two-hour workshop is a gentle, restorative asana practice with guided meditation, reiki, and deep trigger point release techniques (with tennis balls and other props) to allow you to release, melt, and feel good. Click here to reserve your spot for $35.
- Earlybird registration is also open for the next session of Sahaj and Pradhuman’s joint workshop, The Healing Space: Ayurvedic Yoga & Kundalini, happening in Harvard Square next Saturday, March 4. This two-hour afternoon workshop focuses on yoga for healing and connecting with your body, blending Pradhuman’s ayurvedic healing yoga with Sahaj’s kundalini practice. Both experienced yogis and complete newbies will learn how to take care of their bodies at any age. This is your last chance to experience this workshop in Harvard Square (future sessions will be held in Central Square), so click here to grab your spot for $35, instead of paying $45 at the door.
- Earlybird registration is also open for the next session of Ana’s Yoga Learning Lab series, Yoga Learning Lab: Flexibility, on Sunday, March 5. In these workshops for beginners and anyone who wants to rediscover their practice, Ana will review key yoga poses to help you find a safe, strong and healthy yoga practice, using different modifications and props to find your own “pose within the pose.” You will find what is healthy and nourishing for you to become confident on your mat and beyond. Click here to reserve your spot for $35 instead of paying $45 at the door.
- There are also still three spots left for the March sessions of Pradhuman’s Personal Healing Yoga Series, in its new time at 8:30 pm on Sunday evenings. Capped at five students per month, this workshop series in Central Square is designed to allow deeper, more tailored instruction over a longer time frame, with custom practices designed over a month-long commitment, rather than individual classes for drop-in students. Click here to reserve your spot in the four-Sunday series for $60.
- Registration is also now open for Cat Kabira’s Core Flow Intensive and Biodynamic Yin workshops on Saturday, March 11. Part of Cat’s Ignite: A Teacher’s Immersion, the afternoon Core Flow Intensive combines asana, breath work and meditation that will bring you right back into your center. Refreshing sequences designed to transform and shed what no longer serves you with some sweet deep spaces to drop right inside. Meanwhile, the evening Biodynamic Yin shares a subtle energetic and restorative practice based on the sensations of the body, empowering you to see and feel for yourself what’s true in your body. Click here to reserve your space in the Core Flow Intensive for $45, or in the Biodynamic Yin workshop for $40. Practicing yoga teachers can also click here to join the full seven-hour program for $99.